A woman’s wedding day is something she dreams about from the time she’s a little girl up through the big day. So how does she make her skin perfect for such a special day? These tips and tricks will leave a bride-to-be’s skin looking radiant and refreshing.
- Talk to your beauty consultant: I like to see my clients 4 months in advance so we can establish a good skin regimen and have time to reshape their eyebrows if necessary. The trick to having a perfect brow for your wedding is letting them grow out 3 months in advance. Yes, this can be brutal, but if you let someone clean them up every 3 weeks or so, it is manageable. By letting them grow out, you can have them shaped perfectly by your wedding – avoiding the horrid drawn on brow scenario.
- Get your skin in shape: You should keep your skin’s pH balanced by having a good beauty regimen and coming in for peels once a month before your wedding. This can help reduce fine lines and wrinkles and will allow your moisturizers to have a more dramatic effect on your skin. I suggest using my moisturizers along with coming in regularly for peels.
- It’s all about color: Be sure to speak with your consultant a few months early for trial make-up run. I like to meet with my brides so we can decide on the color and shades of her make-up. You should bring in pictures of your bridesmaid dresses and examples of the color scheme so you can match your make up with your wedding. You don’t want to end up with pink flowers and coral make-up. Also, it’s always best to have a trial run with your make-up before the big day so it can be tweaked to your liking.
- On the day: Always, always, always remember to wear waterproof mascara! You don’t want your make up washing away when you get emotional. And remember to get your lip color from your make-up artist so you can reapply throughout the wedding even when she is gone.
- Activities before and after the wedding: On a final note, always remember your bridesmaids when pampering yourself. Bring them along one day for peels and a trial make-up run for them before your wedding as a girl’s day out so everyone’s looking good for the wedding. Also, remember your Brazilian for the honeymoon! There’s no shame in surprising your new hubby.
How are you preparing your skin for the big day?